Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gorgeously Green

Two posts in one day?! How did that happen? I had no intentions of posting twice today, but I decided that while I was out running errands today, I needed to make a stop at the closest Chapters. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, can you blame me?! And I found a great book that I needed to share with you.

I've been having such a hard time lately making up my mind on what books I want to buy when I go in there. It seems like I hum and haw over about 15 different books each time, and then I end up leaving with nothing! Which I realize is much better for my wallet, but it's still frustrating.
So anyway, I went in there today and actually ended up finding a great book that was ON SALE! Go me. I've been on a quest recently to learn as much as I can on eating "green" and organic foods (part of what motivated me to start this blog), so a book called "The Gorgeously Green Diet" caught my eye. It's written by Sophie Uliano, and it's filled with so many facts and so much great advice about changing your eating habits to not only create a more "gorgeously green" you, but also about how those changes can affect the world around you for the better! It shows you how shopping intuitively can lessen your ecological "footprint", and that by buying organic where you can and cutting certain meats (or all meats, if you choose) out of your diet, you will not only become much healthier and more fit yourself, but you'll be bettering the lives of so many animals stuck in horrible factory farms out there.
She doesn't once come across as 'preachy' with any of these things (at least not that I've read so far). She talks about how everyone will have their own comfort zone and her book is geared toward those people that may want to go vegetarian immediately, but also towards those who might just want to try out a few meatless meals, or try to be a little more environmentally friendly every now and again.

I would 100% recommend this book to anyone. Even if you just buy it for the great/healthy recipes in the second half, it would be completely worth it! I'm planning on trying out a bunch of them myself.



Happy reading!

(Also, just as a side note... I'm almost at 100 views! Don't laugh, this is a big deal for me. I wish you guys would start to comment though! Even just to say hello. Don't be shy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment