Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where am I?

I have no idea why I've started a blog.

I know, I know. An opening line is supposed to grab the reader, make them want to stick around. Mine probably has you scrambling for the red 'x' in the corner of your screen. I really do have a way with words.

So let me clarify. I think that I have a lot to say. Most blogs focus on one general theme, whereas my life is all over the place right now. I have no idea if anyone will find anything that I have to say interesting, but I'm just going to start writing and see where this takes me.
Let me start from the beginning.

My name is Meghan.

(Hey, it's me! ^^^ )

I am 20 years old, and I live in Canada (please, no igloo jokes. I don't think I can take anymore). I was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes at 13. I have spent the last four years (or close to that) working as a supervisor at a retail job that I've never really enjoyed, trying to figure out what to do with my life, and waiting for happiness and a good career to hit me over the head. Just under a year ago, I finally realized that those things were not going to just fall into my lap. I had to go out and find those things for myself, and MAKE them happen. At that point I began by drastically changing my eating habits in a way that made me feel better about myself, gave me more energy, helped me to slowly begin to lose some weight, and overall lessen the impact that diabetes was going to have on my life and body. I also applied to the college of my choice on a whim one night back in January, and I got accepted.

From that point on, my life was full of changes. I don't know where they're going to take me, or even quite what this blog is going to be about yet. Maybe I'll talk about being a student; or about my love of healthy food/cooking; or about my experiences with diabetes; or... maybe I'll talk about how I have been trying every single day to find beauty in every thing and every person around me. How I try to let the little things (like kisses from my puppy each morning, or seeing a huge rainbow on my way to work, or having someone hold open a door for me) make my day. Because those things are so very beautiful. And even though I haven't always believed it to be true, so am I.

Try not to be too confused just yet. I may not know where this blog is going, but stick with me and maybe we can figure it out together.
Here's to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment