Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday is here!

Aaaand I shouldn't be so excited. NOTE TO SELF: Saturday's are no longer a day off for me. It has been a little difficult adjusting myself to being in school. When I was working at my job full-time, my schedule was Monday to Friday, 7-3:30 only. Unless I wanted to earn some overtime I didn't have to work weekends, so now that I'm back to working closing and weekend shifts, it's been an adjustment! Now my weekends consist of working on Saturday and running around like a chicken with my head cut off (poor chickens!) on Sunday.

Being that I work the late shift today, I thought I'd cure a little bit of my morning boredom with another blog post.
First things first...


Doesn't she look so impressed with me? I am an evil, evil dog owner. I don't generally believe in putting clothing on dogs, but I was in the midst of doing a big wardrobe project for one of my classes, and I wanted to add a picture of Harley into the powerpoint presentation that I was doing, so I had to stick her in her little pink sweater. You have to admit that it's DAMN cute. :)

Okay, I'm getting back on track now, I swear.
Breakfast this morning was pretty straightforward. I have to admit, I'm at the point just before my next grocery shopping trip (that'll be a tomorrow errand) where my fridge and cupboards are just about empty from the last trip, so I've had to get a little creative with my meals the past couple of days. I had some oatmeal this morning, and I didn't even have any fruit to add to it! SOB. To spruce up my little bowl of plain oatmeal, I just added a drizzle of honey and a small scoop of almond butter. Not the most exciting of breakfasts, but still tasty.

Lunch is going to have to be a bit interesting as well. I think I may just make a simple veggie wrap, with hummus. There's nothing that I like better than a good wrap, and I have been OBSESSED with hummus lately. I have actually been meaning to try my hand at making some homemade hummus (I keep hearing how simple it is), so I may try that this weekend. In the meantime, however, I've been buying Sabra Mediterranean Hummus. It is made with quality ingredients, comes in so many different flavours, and it's absolutely delicious. My favourite flavours (that I've tried so far) are the Roasted Red Pepper, the Roasted Pine Nut, and the Chipotle. If you don't have time to make your own hummus, try this brand! I would definitely recommend it.

I'm going to check back in tomorrow with a recipe for you guys! I have plans to make Sweet Potato Stew! I've made it before and it went over really well with both myself and the boyfriend, so I'm going to make extra tomorrow and freeze some for lunches and stuff. So I hope to see you here tomorrow for that!

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment