Sunday, September 11, 2011

Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest?

Ah, Sunday. A day of rest and relaxation. The final day of the weekend. Chores and errands over and done with on Saturday, leaving you a whole, glorious day to...

Yeah right. Who are we kidding here? For the next 8 months, Sunday will be my one and only day off during the week. IF I'M LUCKY.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about college and really, it's only 1 year out of my life. But I've been sitting here all week with the mantra of 'hurry up and be Sunday!' running through my head, only for Sunday to get here and realize that I have about 987345365625 errands to run. Not cool Sunday, not cool.

I dragged my butt out of bed this morning at around 9am (the boyfriend got up with the dog at 7:30, she's like a small child... ) and made myself some breakfast that I was hoping would keep me feeling relatively satisfied for the first part of the day. Normally I eat quite a light breakfast, but I had lots to do and didn't want a growling stomach to interfere with any of it.
The perfect way to avoid hunger pangs? Oatmeal! (Plus it's a gloomy, rainy day here in Edmonton and there's nothing better on a day like today than warm oats).



















I made these guys using about 2/3 of a cup of water (brought to a boil with a pinch of salt), a 1/3 of a cup of quick-cook oats, a generous amount of cinnamon, a handful of blueberries (had to use them up somehow), and a bit of honey (sweeten to taste). Drizzled on top is a bit of almond butter. I am ADDICTED to almond butter right now, but you can actually use any kind of nut butter, or whatever else tickles your fancy as a garnish.

After breakfast I proceeded to study. It was exciting. But not really.

Once that bit of fun was over it was about time for lunch. Being that I had eaten a bigger breakfast, I didn't want to eat much before heading out to run my errands, so I just had some salad that consisted of broccoli, carrot slices, and pea pods with a bit of ranch drizzled over (not the smartest choice of dressings, but it was all I had at the time. Normally I'd use a balsamic or light Italian dressing). Alongside that I had some whole wheat, olive oil/herb crackers with a smear of herb +garlic light cream cheese and some salsa. Honestly, I could probably eat salsa on anything. I have a problem.















(You'll notice from the pictures above that I am really not a photographer. I can't even fake it very well. Plus these pictures were taken on my iPhone, but they will at least give you a visual idea of what I eat in a day).

I'll hopefully be back later tonight with a dinner post, but if not I'll talk to y'all in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment